Definition: Performing assigned or presumed duties according to one's role at the college. These activities support and advance both the mission of the VCCS and the college to enhance the effective functioning of the college - including the business processes (i.e. advising students, adherence to college and VCCS policy, collegiality, administrative duties, departmental supervision or assigned college community leadership duties, additional duties as assigned). If an activity does not otherwise fit into Teaching, Scholarly and Creative Engagement, or Service, and the activity is job related, then it should be counted in the Institutional Responsibility domain.
Standard: The faculty member must demonstrate mastery of a significant majority of the bulleted criteria and satisfactory progress toward mastery of those criteria where improvement is needed.
· Satisfactorily participate in the development and execution of Annual Performance and Professional Development Objectives.
· Demonstrate satisfactory progress in developing the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors representative of teaching faculty excellence at the college and in the VCCS.
· Publish office hours and make oneself available for consultation with students and advisees during those published hours throughout the semester.
· Fulfill responsibilities as an academic advisor to students (if applicable).
· Satisfactorily participate in required department, division, campus, committee, and college meetings.
· Submit accurate and punctual attendance reports, grade reports, and other required department, division, and college documentation.
· Satisfactorily perform assigned administrative, supervisory, leadership, or other non-teaching duties to include program review and assessment as required by SACS, other regulatory agencies, and/or ongoing best institutional practice.
· Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to college and VCCS policies.
· Contribute to one’s peer teaching community at the college.
· Establish collegial working relationships with faculty, staff, and administrators.