Expressive Activity Events
Enhanced Safety/Security & Prohibited Actions/Items Policy
Purpose: To provide a safe environment for event attendees, CVCC has implemented several enhanced safety/security measures that may be used for some events including a clear bag for personal contents and metal detectors use procedure.
Safety/Security enhancements may include:
Any or all of the safety/security measures contained within this policy may be initiated for a specific event when CVCC campus police or other local, state or federal officials advise/determines it is necessary and/or prudent to do so for the safety of participants.
Clear bags: Bags must be clear plastic, vinyl, PVC or other materials that provides unobstructed view of the bag/container contents. A clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bag or similar item) are also permitted.
Metal detectors: Metal detectors may be used during some events and will be determined on case-by-case bases, upon consultation with Campus Police and/or other law enforcement officials.
· Air Horns, megaphones or other devices that emit sound above (85dB) decibels
· Alcoholic beverages **
· Animals (except service dogs)
· Flammable liquids or substances
· Glass bottles or containers
· Illegal material/substances
· Open flame devices/ torches
· Smoking to include use of electronic devices ***
· Sticks and poles
· Tents ****
· Toy guns or replicas
· Unmanned aircraft systems (including drones)
· Weapons, fireworks, and explosives
** Except when approved with an ABC permit
*** Except in designated Gazebos,
**** Except for approved college sponsored and signature events
Policy approved by the President’s Cabinet on November 19, 2018